||Senior HR Manager
||Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking an HR Manager to assist in enabling the success of our Laboratory.
Senior HR Manager partners with Senior Leaders to ensure a complete
understanding of the directorate’s strategy, human capital needs and
objectives. Works as a member of a deployed HR team responsible for
developing and driving customer related programs and initiatives related
to human resources, organizational and employee development. The
primary focus for senior positions is leadership development,
organizational development and talent management ensuring integration of
talent acquisition, development and retention initiatives. Functions as
a generalist in a variety of HR activities including implementation of
corporate policy at the business unit or division level. Consults with
employees and managers to address root cause of human resources issues,
attempting to resolve employee relations issues with systematic
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the vision, strategy and future outlook of the business.
• Build credibility by combining business acumen and HR expertise to add value to the business.
Provide expertise and thought leadership in the areas of talent
management, leadership coaching, data analysis, employee engagement, and
• As part of a team, design and execute a
people strategy that aligns and drives business strategy, which includes
organization design, workforce planning and change management
strategies that support business success.
• Leverage data to guide decision making and provide solutions.
• Coach and advise senior leadership.
• May conduct formal investigations pertaining to EEO complaints.
• Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience, or an advance degree with 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Professional license and/or certification may be preferred.
Experience translating strategy into specific goals and objectives
including providing innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Skilled at working cross-functionally to understanding problems and to develop and implement solutions.
Demonstrates an understanding of how the activities of the serviced
directorate affect HR as a whole. Uses knowledge of those actions to
increase organization’s effectiveness and influence. Leads
inter-disciplinary/cross functional teams to deliver on objectives.
Must have an understanding of organizational design and theory,
organizational behavior, financial acumen, a broad understanding of HR
functional elements and basic facilitation skills.
• Functions as a project lead and gives direction to other exempt and/or non-exempt staff.
Manage projects involving diverse tasks, teams, and organizations,
exercising good judgment in selection methods, techniques and evaluation
criteria for obtaining results.
• Internal and external contacts often pertain to organization plans and objectives.
Must be able to effectively deal with conflicting priorities and
opinions amongst co-workers and project members, while being able to
successfully mitigate differences in style and approach between self and
• Works independently, has growing responsibility,
no oversight required. Conducts mentoring and training activities for
staff. Fosters collaboration and works toward achieving growth as it
pertains to the skills of others.
Apply on the PNNL Jobs website at:
|Return to Job Listings