• Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience, or an advance degree with 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Professional license and/or certification may be preferred.
• Experience translating strategy into specific goals and objectives including providing innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Skilled at working cross-functionally to understanding problems and to develop and implement solutions.
• Demonstrates an understanding of how the activities of the serviced directorate affect HR as a whole. Uses knowledge of those actions to increase organization’s effectiveness and influence. Leads inter-disciplinary/cross functional teams to deliver on objectives.
• Must have an understanding of organizational design and theory, organizational behavior, financial acumen, a broad understanding of HR functional elements and basic facilitation skills.
• Functions as a project lead and gives direction to other exempt and/or non-exempt staff.
• Manage projects involving diverse tasks, teams, and organizations, exercising good judgment in selection methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Internal and external contacts often pertain to organization plans and objectives.
• Must be able to effectively deal with conflicting priorities and opinions amongst co-workers and project members, while being able to successfully mitigate differences in style and approach between self and co-assignments.
• Works independently, has growing responsibility, no oversight required. Conducts mentoring and training activities for staff. Fosters collaboration and works toward achieving growth as it pertains to the skills of others.
• Previous HR experience in a Research and Development (R&D) environment is preferred.