||Human Resources Director
||City of Beaverton
The Human Resources Director will be responsible for performing or providing oversight on the following critical human resources functions among others:
- Provide direction to staff to ensure city goals and objectives are met.
- Oversee disciplinary process according to the collective bargaining agreements and city policy.
- Provide technical assistance and interpretation to the mayor, City Council, and various staff regarding issues affecting the human resources needs of the city.
- Direct and manage the city's Performance Management program. Serves as the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer.
- Develop labor relations strategy for approval of City Council, and manage labor relations function. Act as chief negotiator for the city.
- Represent the HR Department and/or city to the public, in the media, in collective bargaining, in legal or administrative proceedings, to other organizations as required.
- Provide professional and technical expertise and guidance on employee relations matters, labor contract administration, grievance processes, investigations and resolution of employee complaints.
- Partner with departments in succession planning and workforce development to create plans that ensure a pipeline of internal talent to achieve the goals of the city.
- Support and respect diversity in the workplace.
To view more information about this career opportunity, please go to www.BeavertonOregon.gov/jobs.
Salary Range: $8,784.08-$11,770.53 per month
Starting salary will be determined depending on relevant work experience. The city pays the full retirement contribution to PERS; provides employees with an opportunity to participate in a deferred compensation retirement plan; tuition reimbursement program available; public service loan forgiveness program; and offers excellent health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, industrial relations, business/public administration, or related field.
- 12 years of progressively responsible public and/or private sector experience in a full-service Human Resources Department, including five years in a senior management role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience enabling the incumbent to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to pass reference and background check.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certifications.
Human Resources Dpartment
|Return to Job Listings