KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Knowledge of state and federal laws,
city ordinances, and departmental policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of emergency management
· Knowledge of law enforcement
· Knowledge of supervisory and management
· Knowledge of city geography and streets.
· Knowledge of case law and courtroom
· Skill in observing and recalling details
and in making sound decisions rapidly.
· Skill in oral and written communication.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining
good public relations.
· Skill in financial management and budget
· Skill in personnel management and
· Skill in providing court testimony.
· Skill in conducting large scale
investigations which include other law enforcement agencies.
· Skill in delegating responsibility.
DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while
intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending, crouching, or
walking. The employee occasionally lifts
light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of
dexterity, utilizes the sense of smell, and distinguishes between shades of
work is typically performed in an office or outdoors, occasionally in cold or
inclement weather. Work requires the use of specialized law enforcement
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has
direct supervision over all members of the Police Department.
and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master's
degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the
subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work
within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five
years of related experience.
of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of
Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council
for the State of Georgia.
of or ability to readily obtain GCIC/NCIC certification.