||Office Assistant 3-Human Resources
||Tacoma Community College
This position performs customer service, clerical, recruitment and payroll processing related support to the Human Resources Department. This position responds to general inquiries regarding human resources functions including recruitment and operational support. Additionally, this position is responsible for HR clerical support including processing mail and electronic correspondence.
Customer Service & HR Support
- Provide exceptional customer service including greeting individuals, answering telephones, receiving and referring visitors.
- Serves as liaison and point person for HR front office customer service.
- Receives, opens, processes and distributes mail on a daily basis to HR staff.
- Performs file management activities including organizing and filing physical or electronic data.
- Responds to inquiries from applicants, employees and students.
- Checks and maintains supply inventory, determines supply needs and communicates those needs to the appropriate party for ordering.
- Operates office equipment, arranging maintenance as needed.
- Prepares HR work orders upon request.
- Performs employment verifications as needed.
- Performs special projects and related HR duties as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- As requested, communicates with committee chairs to provide applicant materials, data, and scheduling information
- Responds to inquiries and provides information as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of telephone, hard copy and electronic recruitment information sites, including website(s) and webpage(s).
- Processes applicant recruitment materials.
- Copies and posts recruitment announcements on-campus and assists with web postings/removal upon conclusion of the recruitment process.
- Assists in outreach to diverse and qualified pools of applicants.
- Develops electronic mailing lists and maintains recruitment related files.
- Assists in the preparation and posting of recruitment materials both internally and externally.
- Assists in the preparation of business related forms for payment of recruitment expenses.
- Scans applicant materials and prepares information for screening committees.
- Prepares and mails correspondence for HR staff as needed.
- Compiles & archives records.
Payroll, Benefits & Operational Support
- Assists with conducting payroll verification.
- Assists with the performance of new hire data entry into the personnel/payroll system.
- Proofreads quarterly part-time faculty appointments to ensure accuracy.
- Assists with determination of part-time faculty benefit eligibility including research and follow up.
- Assists with maintenance of employee accident log and required reporting forms.
- Assists with check printing and distribution each payroll cycle.
- High School Graduation or equivalent.
- Two years (FTE) of increasingly responsible clerical experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Suite experience.
- Human Resources experience.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment with high volume foot traffic, conversations, interruptions and repeated distractions.
- Ability to keep pace with the demands of the department and position.
- Ability to sit for extended hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to pass Microsoft Office Suite testing.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Employs expertise, credibility, and collaboration to help clients identify, evaluate, and resolve complex or sensitive issues, problems, and service needs.
- Analytical - Uses data and information to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form conclusions, and make decisions and to perform salary and wage calculations
- Manages Workload – Organizes multiple assignments to produce work products that are accurate, thorough and timely.
- Manages Records – Collects, organizes, stores and ensures the security of sensitive and confidential information and records.
- Recordkeeping - Documents information or updates records to ensure they reflect the most current and accurate information.
- Communication – Communicates and expresses ideas and information through the spoken and written word using language that is appropriate and respectful and addresses the complexity of the topic and knowledge and understanding of the audience.
- Shares with coworkers, campus staff, students and outside entities information in a concise and meaningful manner. Shares information in a timely manner and with a professional customer service focus
- Professional level internal and external customer service handled with discretion and courtesy.
- Processes data with accuracy and reliability in accordance with applicable policies, collective bargaining requirements, supervisory expectations, and compliance requirements
- Commitment to professionalism and confidentiality.
- Diversity focused
- Team focused
- Customer Focused
- Relationship Building Skills
- Communication Effectiveness
- Tact & Diplomacy
- Ethics, Integrity, and sound professional judgment
- Flexibility with ease
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
Application Material & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application form.
- Resume and cover letter - In your cover letter, describe how your background and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications for this position.
|Return to Job Listings