||Human Resources Manager
With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager for our Burlington, WA location. This position will provide management support in all areas of the Human Resources function to the Burlington, WA plant. This position is responsible for providing strategic HR leadership/partnership and tactical support to the business to ensure the effective and efficient application of Hexcel's people processes and programs to enable the achievement of business strategies and objectives by maximizing human capital. This includes building business partner relationships with local management including the Plant Manager, and the other members of the Site Leadership Team, based on trust and credibility, and the flawless execution of HR programs, policies, and practices. The position will act as the top-level HR interface for employees of all functions at the location, including but not limited to operations, sales and marketing, quality, information technology. In addition, this position will coordinate and administer all human resources policies and programs relating to staffing and recruiting, affirmative action and diversity, training and organizational development, legal and regulatory compliance, and employee and labor relations. The role will also play a primary leadership role in driving and maintaining positive employee relations in a non-union environment.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Acts as a member of and trusted advisor to the Plant Manager and the other members of the Site Leadership team to provide input and counsel on business, people and organizational issues.
- Manages and administers human resources programs and policies for all Burlington site employees; as well as the development and implementation of local human resources policies and procedures.
- Develops, manages and executes the plant staffing plan.
- Manages and executes recruitment of all nonexempt and exempt positions, internships, temporary workers; includes planning and execution of new employee orientation and onboarding training to all new hires to support their integration into the local culture and workforce.
- Coordinates with corporate recruiters and hiring managers to develop and execute sourcing talent sourcing strategy, candidate selection process including on-going management of applicant tracking data (Workday); conducts reference and background checks.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment including affirmative action programs, EEO-1 reporting as well as other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO/OFCCP regulations.
- Coordinates training activities to support various department management development programs including ALP, LDP and local site management development initiatives and drive to alignment development with local business plans.
- Facilitates the execution of the annual Management Development Review of high potential individuals; succession and career development planning.
- Works with plant managers and supervisors to manage performance issues, providing coaching and counseling as needed.
- Conducts wage survey within labor market to determine competitive wage rate and development and execution of the local compensation plan.
- Manages and oversees employee relations; assist in the planning, organizing and implementing various employee relation programs.
- Represents the company in community activities and organizations to promote a good company partnerships and image. Participates on the local employers councils with other companies in the area.
- Manages and supervises the department’s personnel, function and support of the plant operations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of human resources management experience, or MBA with 3-5 years of human resources management experience in an industrial environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish relevant facts and provide practical solutions.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS office Suite software – Word, PowerPoint , Excel, etc.
- Understanding of HRIS systems – knowledge of Workday is a plus
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience in leadership coaching, team development and change management is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.
To be considered for this position, please apply directly through our website:
|Return to Job Listings