JOB OPENING: Post until Filled
CATOOSA COUNTY ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Pay: $35,000 - $42,000 with Benefits
This position plans, implements and evaluates programs and athletic special
events run by Catoosa County Recreation Department. This position works under the supervision of
the Department Director while maintaining responsibility for the athletic
programs operated by Catoosa County Recreation Department. This position assists in other duties as
1. Plans, organizes, implements, manages a
variety of recreation and sports programs for youth, adults, and parent-run
recreation associations of Catoosa County.
2. Creates rules and guidelines relevant to
sport, league schedules, coaches’ training, and ensures the assignment of game
officials for athletic programs. Evaluates programs on a seasonal basis to
initiate any necessary changes.
organizes, and coordinates sports tournaments at County owned sports facilities
as assigned by the Department Director. This includes securing tournament
sponsors, advertising, and promotion, daily communications, tournament set-up,
and scheduling, securing officials, and serving as tournament director during
4. Assures that assigned areas of
responsibility are performed within budget; performs cost control activities;
monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal
control of athletic programs.
5. Serves as department liaison as assigned
when working with parent-run associations and any groups or committees related
to the administration of the programs of the department. Interacts with these entities in a courteous
and respectful manner.
6. Plans and coordinates marketing and publicity
for all athletic programs under the jurisdiction including the use of social
media campaigns. Contributes daily updates to the department website and social
7. Provides administrative support to
Department Director for the day-to-day functioning of the department, programs,
and facilities operated by the Catoosa County Recreation Department.
8. Ability to work flexible and demanding
hours including nights and weekends.
workshops, seminars, conferences, and other professional development
opportunities in order to keep abreast of trends and changes in the field.
other related duties as may apply.
1. Minimum Education: Bachelor’s
degree in Recreation Administration or in a closely related field from an accredited
college or university.
2. Minimum of two (2)
years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and
3. Must possess a valid driver’s
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
1. Knowledge of the principles and
practices of modern recreation administration, methods, and supervision.
2. Knowledge of organizing sports leagues
from beginning to end of each season
3. Knowledge of record keeping, basic
accounting, and budgeting procedures.
4. Extensive knowledge of sports and the
basic rules of the games.
5. Knowledge of community organization and
6. Ability to establish and maintain an
effective working relationship with the general public, local elected
officials, county employees and parent-run recreation association board
7. Ability to adapt recreational and
training programs to public needs.
8. Ability to prepare and present effective
oral and written informational material relating to the activities of the recreation
9. Ability to work in all weather
10. Ability to lift objects weighing up to
11. Skill in operating office equipment
including a computer.
12. Proficient skills in Microsoft Office,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive/Calendar, Outlook etc.
13. Proficient skills in operating a
smartphone; text/multimedia messaging, emails, social media apps.
1) All inquiries, applications and background
consent paperwork should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County
Governmental Building located at 800 LaFayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at
2) Post offer negative drug test required. Equal
3) Current employees wishing to apply for a
transfer are expected to complete an
application and will be notified if chosen
for an interview.